June 23, 2012

Frustrated :(

This truly is "Bandster Hell".

Bandster Hell is the period between surgery and your first fill where you're still as hungry as you were before surgery, with no restriction. This is Day 8 of my surgery, and I want to eat everything in sight. There's a couple of reasons for that.

Reason number 1 is because I'm hungry all the damn time. I started on full liquids, which includes some tomato soup, and I get full pretty quick (I think I still have some swelling in my tummy). Then, two hours later, my stomach is growling again because I'm soooo hungry. Seriously, it's like clockwork. Eat soup, two hours, eat some more. Pudding and Jell-O don't really sit tight in my tummy for some weird reason, even though I could eat them fine before surgery. And I'll be damned if I even have to look at another SF popsicle. But being hungry all the time is aggravating to me. Hunger triggers something in my brain that says, "Act like a total and complete bitch until you get some food in you". It's horrible.

Reason number 2 is that I've never been restricted on what I can and cannot eat for so long before. It's aggravating. On top of my stomach raging on all the time, only having the options of some soup or a protein drink is killing me. You can only eat so much tomato soup before you get tired of it (I'm a really picky eater, so I'm not a fan of many cream soups). During the pre-op diet, I had the option of sneaking some chips into my mouth when no one was looking to curb me over, but this time, I don't. If I stray from the diet and try to eat real food too early, I could potentially damage myself and my band, and then all this will be for nothing.

I'm just frustrated.  I can be a pretty envious person, and when I see my boyfriend eating whatever he wants (I can't wait 'til I go back to work so I'm not around anymore when that happens), I get so jealous. These are honestly the longest days of my life.

Sooooo....on a brighter note, I went to Austin today with my boyfriend and we say The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses. Yeah, he's a total game nerd, and I like games too, so we geeked out the whole time. It was pretty cool. I also bought some new Toms wedges today, which I looooove. My blog really isn't much without some pictures. I think I'll post some pictures up later.

1 comment:

  1. Any surgery is risky, but gastric bypass surgeries in particular (lap band, Roux-en-Y, gastroplasty, bariatric) statistically result in serious complications, including: gastrointestinal bleeding (4 in 100), internal hernia(4 in 100), stomach and esophagus dilation (16 in 100), complete obstruction of the stomach (14 in 100), weight re-gain (up to 84 in 100), or death (1 in 320). Roca Labs gastric bypass no surgery is a new, safer alternative designed to produce similar results, but without all the side effects.

    ReplyDelete