June 20, 2012

Achoo?

So, today is Day 5 post op. Oh man, it's been a ride.

The swelling is starting to go down, and I can kinda feel my port. I still can't sleep in my own bed, though, which is severely aggravating. Sleeping on the couch with some pillows propping me up helps, but I've had a backache for the last couple days from the abnormal sleeping positions I've been trying to take to relieve the pressure. Not to mention my demon cat Vivi pounces on me and demands to play with her toys directly on top of me throughout all hours of the night.

I miss my bed soooo much. :(

I'm still sore, mostly around the port area. I sneezed in class today for the first time after surgery. No bueno. It hurt so much, and then I sneezed again like five minutes later. That left me aching for a few minutes.

My appetite is back, and all I can say is that I miss real food so much. This clear liquid diet is not working for me. I think I'm gonna move up to full liquids and go buy some tomato soup. I actually did a no-no today, and I'm probably gonna pay for it later. I ate some potato soup, trying to convince myself it's a "full liquid" instead of a "mushie". There were some small chunks of potato in it that I mushed into paste before I swallowed it, but I'm pretty sure it was still too heavy for my stomach. All I know is that it tasted amazing, and I hope for the sake of all that is good in this world, I don't puke it up and have a horrible day afterward.

Other than that, I've been here at home, walking and trying to exorcise the demons out of Vivi. It's driving me a little bonkers. I want to go outside and enjoy some sun, but I live in San Antonio. It is scorching outside. I get sweaty from just looking outside my window at the heat.

Well, I'm just counting down the days until I can have real food again. Oh yeah, since I started my pre-op diet at 266 pounds, I'm down to 253. That's pretty cool, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment