August 21, 2012

I'm Not Dead

I sure do feel like it, though.

I've been feeling down in the dumps lately.

It happens all the time. I go through my "moods".

I weighed myself on Thursday, and had no change from the previous week. I promised myself before hand that when thinks like that happen, I wouldn't become discouraged.

Yeah, I didn't listen to myself.

It's my fault, though. I just let go that week. I didn't give a crap about what I put in my mouth, so I shouldn't have been surprised when there was no loss. The Band is a tool, not a cure, and I wasn't using it right.

Oh well, gotta get back in the game, right?

Also, I've been a little afraid of my workouts. My trainer has been doing a wonderful job, and I love him to death, but I've been getting shin and knee pain. I'm afraid of working out outside of our sessions because I don't want to hurt myself. I bought a knee brace, and I'm going to try it out during our session today to see if it helps, but I'm so tired of having these aches and pains.

The "getting into shape" part is really hard. I know I've been pushing myself pretty hard with this personal trainer, but I really want to see results, and be able to actually finish the Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon in the allotted time frame. With the way I've been neglecting my runs between training sessions, I'm not going to meet my goals.

Bah, I'm such a whiney baby.

Anyway, school started today. Now I'm back to the same ol' grind of work, school, work, school, work, school...I think I get some sleep in there. Eventually. Ha! College kids are so freakin' fit. I hate being the fattest kid in all of my classes. That'll change soon, though, right? I just have to work hard at it.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck getting back on track. I do the same thing if I'm having a bad week, I just let it alllll go to crap. It's a bad feeling but so easy to slip into.

    You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn that frown upside down! Just dust yourself off and get back in the game. You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get my moods too. don't let the mood dictate your day/week. Also.. I would mention to your trainer that you are haivng pain. He should adjust your workouts accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl, this week has been a horrible one for me too! both with the eating AND the working out! i've been eating too fast and paying for it. and the workouts have been non-existent this week.
    hang in there! it's one bad week/day. the next will be better! we'll get back on track and kick ass again....FO' SHO'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the bad week. Hang in there. Next week will be better.

    ReplyDelete