July 25, 2012

To Speak or Not to Speak?

Hey guys!

You know what I just realized I haven't been doing? Weighing in every week. Seriously, I'm such a slacker.

So, I guess I'll start doing my weigh-ins on Thursdays. Why not, right?

I wanted to bring up something that all Bandsters go through: should they tell their family/friends/peers that they are getting the Band?

That's a personal decision. I just want you guys to know that no matter what my opinion is, you should go by what makes you the most comfortable. There's no right or wrong answer.

Well, when it comes to me, I pretty much told everyone. I see no need to keep it a secret. The Band is a part of who I am now. I am not ashamed whatsoever. If anyone asks, I tell them. Hell, I bring it up in conversations with people I just met. I'm doing Business training at the bank, and she asked what I was eating for lunch today. I proceeded to tell her it was an Atkins bar (which is delicious but pricey), and then explained why it was an Atkins bar. I do not care what anyone thinks of my Band.

Now, what I do not tolerate is ignorance. I make sure I educate people about my Band, why I got it, and why it helps me. Why nothing in the past has worked, and why this is the best decision I have ever made. Sometimes, I have to condense all that down into two minutes 'cause we don't all have time for me to explain my story. Lol.

I don't see myself changing my mind about this anytime soon. I understand that people are allowed to their own opinions, but as long as they can understand my decision, then I have no qualms.

Oh! Today was my first official day with my trainer! His name is Joe Lee, and he's pretty bad ass. He's a marathon runner, so he knows exactly what I need to do to train for the Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon in November. He had me do a fit test today. I ran a mile (18:00 minutes, whoa!!), did push ups, crunches, squats, lunges, etc. He counted what I could do in a minute, and in two weeks I'll try again to see what my improvement is!

My "homework" until Tuesday, which is my next session: 5 miles!! I think I can do 6. ;)

Tomorrow is a gym day with Z! I'm so excited to meet a fellow Bandster!!

I think I need to set up some NSVs I want to achieve. I'm gonna put them up on the sideline and track the date I finally reach it! I saw it someone else's blog, and thought it was a great idea. :D

See you tomorrow with my first official weigh-in!

3 comments:

  1. yes! can't wait for our meet!

    i ALMOST did 5 today and my legs were limp noodles afterwards but i will admit it felt so freaking great!

    yea i like the idea of listing the NSVs too. i think i'll do it too 'cuz i have a bazillion of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NSVs are so important, especially once you stop losing so fast. LOL I've been trying to focus on them lately.

    I haven't gotten any negative reactions from the band, but I have cleared up a lot of misconceptions. It's empowering sometimes when I tell but I think it's easier now that I'm closer to goal. I feel like people doubt me less, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! I am kinda afraid of running, I really havent picked a good workout yet, it is so hard with my lil guy (21 month old son, johnny) to get to the gym but I try to do some at home.... have a great workout with Z...

    ReplyDelete