April 19, 2012

This is Tough

Last night after work, I went grocery shopping and bought some things I'm gonna need for my diet. I got some of those little Mio bottles for your water. I got sweet tea because it taste really good. I also bought some Whey Protein Powder for my protein shakes when I start the liquid diet.

I don't have a surgery date yet, but hopefully I'll know by next week. So, the protein shake diet has to start 2 weeks before surgery. I decided to try the protein shake out today, and all I can say is that this is gonna be tough. Going from an almost purely fast food diet to a protein shake is a complete 180 for me. The shake doesn't tast bad, it just doesn't taste good. I seriously think I'm already having sugar withdrawals, which the dietician warned me about. Time for some Tylenol.

My body is practically screaming "GO TO TACO BELL RIGHT NOW DAMN YOU!!!!" with this headache. I need to ignore it and distract myself somehow. I'm thinking a pedicure would be nice, maybe a movie. I hope I can get through the liquid diet and get down to surgery sometime in May! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment