November 11, 2012

Liebster Award


 

The Rules

- Once you're nominated, write 11 facts about yourself.

- Then, take a look at the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked and answer them.

- Get your thinking cap on and come up with 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer

- Then choose the 5 bloggers you want to nominate (they must have less than 200 followers) & let them know they've been nominated (there are no tag backs - you can't nominate the person who nominated you).

- Complete this post and then link it to the person who nominated you (in the comments of their blog).


Okay, so 11 facts about myself:

1. I feel like one of the youngest Bandsters out there, which kind of makes it hard for me to make friends with other WLS patients.

2. I was a major tomboy in high school. I didn't officially become a girl until like, two years ago, lol.

3. I don't like to use shorthand, even in text messages.

4. I love my boss, love my coworkers, hate my job.

5. I study meteorology. I love the weather!

6. Thunderstorms are my favorite! I have a cloud and lightning bolt tattoo on my wrist.

7. I feel like my weight loss progress is coming along really slow. I know it's mostly due to my decisions, though.

8. I love to read. I prefer fiction, because when I read, I like to be sucked into a whole different world.

9. I also like to write! Maybe one day, I'll post some of the things I've written on here. I just don't think a lot of Bandsters would prefer my writing, because I write action-y stuff.

10. I love videogames!

11. I love everyone on this blog! I might not be the most vocal person on here, but everyone has given me so much support with the littlest actions. I couldn't appreciate it more!!



All right, questions from Tee


1. coffee or tea?
Tea, definitely. Preferably Starbucks Shaken Black Tazo tea, no syrup, four Splendas. :D


2.favorite TV show?
I don't really watch TV, but out of all the series I've watched so far, I'd say my favorite was Dexter.

3. one book you absolutely would recommend?
That's a tough one, since most of the reading I do is written by amateur authors. When it comes to something that's already been published, I'd have to say Twilight. It is by no means a well written book, but it is one of my guiltiest pleasures.
  
4. if you could have a famous person's figure who would you choose?
Kate Beckinsale. And her hair, too. :D

5. do you wrap your children's gifts from "Santa" ? if you do not have kids, did your parents wrap yours as a kid?
I don't have kids, but I do remember my parents wrapping my gifts and saying they're from Santa.

6. favorite time of the year? why?
About this time. It's not too cold, not too warm.

7. biggest concern you had when making the choice to get banded?
My biggest concern was the possibility of complications. So far, I haven't had anything wrong, but the possibilities are still there.
8. does your family read your blog? if so do you ever wish they did not?
No, and no.

9. would your dream home be on the beach or in the mountains?
Beach, definitely. I grew up here in South Texas. I wouldn't survive the mountains!

10. have you traveled (out of state or country)  if so where?  
I was fortunate enough to go to San Diego for Comic Con this past July.

11. cat or dog ( i love both, but have kitties ) 
I have a cat named Vivi. I love dogs more, but they're harder to take care of.



And my questions from Banded in Texas:

1) Your dream travel destination?
Hawaii! I can't wait. Hopefully 2013 is my lucky year!

2) Favorite movie?

By far, Sunshine, starring Chris Evans. It's a must-watch.

3) Favorite book or magazine?

We'll have to go with Twilight again, since a lot of stuff I read in unpublished. But remember, guiltiest of pleasures, lol.

4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Hopefully, getting out of grad school.

5) You just won $10 million dollars. How would you spend it?

I'd buy my parents a home, save the rest.

6) If you could meet/interview anyone living or dead, who would you meet and why?

Hmm, good question. Probably my real mom. I've met her, but never really..."met" her.

7) What is the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever eaten?

I am by no means a crazy eater. I like everything plain. I ate a grilled cheese with avocado in it the other day, does that count?

8) Any phobias?

I have a fear of heights. It's crazy-stupid. I had a hard time going up escalators because of it!

9) What is your best trait?

I'm a fast learner.

10) What is your least-favorite trait?

I'm judgmental, and I'm usually wrong.

11) Why do you blog? 

To ensure my success in my weight loss journey.



Now, time for 11 questions for my nominees:

1. Favorite color?
2. Do you have any pets?
3. Who has been your biggest supporter during your weight loss journey?
4. What's your favorite Band-friendly food?
5. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
6. What's your favorite thing to do for exercise?
7. What is one of your long-term goals?
8. How long have you been blogging?
9. Do you drink alcohol? If so, what's your favorite drink?
10. What do you want for Christmas?
11. How do you hold yourself accountable during your weight loss journey?

My nominees:
The Band-it Girl 
Robyn's Nest
Terrie

I could only get three, because everyone else was nominated already, lol.

2 comments:

  1. I loved getting to know you a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your answers. I like thunderstorms also. And I'm LMFAO about the grilled cheese/avocado answer. Please email me @ kjwrn@msn.com so we can get together! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete